The Everyday Lives in War centre is based at the University of Hertfordshire, in collaboration with the Universities of Essex, Northampton, Lincoln, Central Lancashire and West of England. Funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, it is one of five First World War engagement centres that builds connections between university and community researchers. We work closely with the Heritage Lottery Fund to support First World War centenary projects.
- Enniskillen Workshop
- ‘Hatfield Week’ celebrates the town’s long aviation history and pays homage to the local community’s commemorations of the end of the Great War.
- St John Ervine: A playwright at war
- Wheathampstead’s First World War project
- Stephanie Bunn on Basketry as Occupational Therapy and the role of Woven Communities
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- This series of workshops comes to a conclusion in Waterford. Join us on Monday, 9 December in @WaterfordLibs’ Centr… https://t.co/BKEPX6AdRw1 week ago
- @LibrariesNI Really insightful, and at times emotional, workshop in Enniskillen this afternoon. We were exploring c… https://t.co/MfuReOUln93 weeks ago
- Irish Community Living in Birmingham!! Join us at @LibraryofBham on Tuesday, 26 November for a workshop about WW1 a… https://t.co/jaVxc3uAFL3 weeks ago
- Cecil will forever be in our hearts. We are remembering him along with his many friends, peers and teachers who se… https://t.co/ZcYhIb4Un64 weeks ago
- RT @NorthumbriaHist: Free exhibition at Gallery North / University Gallery @NorthumbriaUni: "Living Legacies of the First World War: The N…4 weeks ago
Home Image: Copyright: © IWM. Original Source: http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205288993
About Us Image: Copyright: © IWM. Original Source: http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205351270
News Image: Copyright: © IWM. Original Source: https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205214704
Collaborative Projects Image: Copyright: © IWM. Original Source: http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205124921
Story Room Image: Copyright: © IWM. Original Source: https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205025887